The UI Design Manager is a talented and experienced individual who is passionate about great UX. They're proficient in visual communication and design thinking, including page layout, typography, iconography and color theory. They have an insatiable desire to understand the marketplace and its multiple customer- and user- types. They enjoy designing for the desktop but are even more proficient in crafting device-agnostic responsive design frameworks. Most of all, they are excited by the prospect of working with a highly-talented team of product managers and engineers to define and implement an entirely new design language for one of the country's fastest-growing FinTech SaaS platforms.
Reporting to the SVP of Client Experience, you'll have input on core UX strategy while focusing on UI design across all aspects of Vestmark and the VestmarkONE platform. You'll collaborate regularly with Product Management and Engineering to design and iterate user-friendly concepts from pencil sketch to wireframe to protoype. You'll become deeply familiar with existing VestmarkONE functionality, user needs & types. You'll also become deeply familiar with the long-term product roadmap and sprint-specific design deliverables. You'll contribute to storyboards and workflow designs while effectively communicating and validating your ideas and rationale with peers, clients and prospects. Finally, you'll stay up-to-date on macro- and industry-specific trends and offerings including those our peers and competitors.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, standards and best practices
- Research, iterate and define the platform's overall design language, including new style guide(s) to be implemented across the VestmarkONE platform
- Use wireframing tools to create responsive, device-agnostic wireframes that represent financial information and functionality to varying audiences with differing levels of expertise and roles (investors, advisors, asset managers, home office operations, etc.); For example:
- Investor-facing applications/modules such as an investor portal, financial planning, digital advice, etc,
- Advisor-facing applications such as an advisor dashboard, proposal generation, investment research & modeling, reporting, etc.
- Home office-facing applications such as modeling, account management, trading & rebalancing, etc.
- Web-based documents and reports
- Work closely with Product Management and Vestmark clients to understand requirements for each design/UI deliverable
- Work closely with Engineering to understand and work around any technical limitations/hurdles that may affect each design/UI deliverable
- Work with QA to ensure design fidelity & UI conformity in and after development
- Work with Sales & Marketing to help them understand design decisions and how the clients and prospects benefit as a result
- Work with Training to help them understand UI design decisions that will be reflected in end-user training
- Have the ability to shape unique, customer-centric experiences by crafting and/or improving storyboards, wireframes, style guides and prototypes.
- Well-versed in existing trends, tools and best practices (but consider them a baseline to leverage and improve upon for your users).
- 3+ years of years of user interface design, with in-depth knowledge of responsive design techniques & frameworks (within financial services a plus but definitely not required)
- Demonstrated expertise in design processes, methods and tools – and an existing portfolio that reflects that expertise
- Experience with mobile UI/UX best practices, and familiarity with iOS and/or Android protocols
- Hands-on expertise with wireframing and prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, HotGloo, InVision, UXPin and Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated expertise with data visualization, both graphical and tabular
- Comfortable with tight deadlines and the ability to thrive in an agile development environment
- Ability to produce and execute independently while collaborating with a number of teams and functions
- Solid presentation skills with experience presenting to internal- and customer-facing audiences
- Maturity to accept and respond to constructive feedback